pY! Voice Chat
IceWM Control Panel
Site Powered By:
Animation and video suite for the Gtk/Gnome desktop environment
THIS PROJECT IS NOW UNMAINTAINED.
LATEST NEWS [4/29/2005]: These pages have just moved to a NEW SERVER. The site might be under construction for some time.
LATEST NEWS [2/17/2003]: gAnim8 version 0.3 has been released! Check out the features page for a list of the latest great features. New screenshots added!. Download the latest version.
LATEST NEWS [2/16/2003]: All gAnim8 components now feature internationalization/gettext support. gAnim8 now available in SPANISH! Download the latest version.
LATEST NEWS [2/16/2003]: gAnim8 Conversion Tool version 0.2 has been released. Download the latest version.
LATEST NEWS [2/16/2003]: GtkSnapshot version 0.1 has been released - a new Gtk-based screen capture utility, and a new addition to gAnim8. Download the latest version.
gAnim8 version 0.3b-1
NEW FEATURES (02/16/2003)
- GtkSnapshot: a screenshot utility using ImageMagick's 'import' program
- Drag-and-drop support for gAnim8, the gAnim8 Conversion Tool, and GtkSnapshot
- Printing capabilities using PyPrint (pythonol.sourceforge.net)
- Video support is now implemented through FFMPEG ('mpeg2decode' is no longer used.)
- Support for reading the following video types: MPEG AVI ASF WMV SWF REALPLAYER M4V MOV
- Support for writing the following video types: MPEG AVI ASF WMV SWF REALPLAYER M4V
- Ability to configure different 'preview' applications for each video type
- Video recording capabilities added under the 'Tools' menu ("Record Video...")
- Support for recording the following video types: MPEG AVI ASF WMV SWF REALPLAYER M4V
- Faster video opening, creation, and saving (thanks to FFMPEG)
- Drag-and-drop video frames from the video preview window
- Drag-and-drop importation of videos directly into the animation sequence
- Added a 'briefcase' for session files (under 'Tools' menu)
- Screenshot capture capabilities added under 'Tools' menu (GtkSnapshot)
- Locale/Internationalization support
- Spanish language support implemented
- Default image editor is now 'gimp-remote' (instead of 'gimp')
- Default video previewer is now 'mplayer'
- Added "New users" and "What's New?" to the 'Help' menu
- Updated and improved help documentation
gAnim8, the gAnim8 Conversion Tool, and GtkSnapshot are Copyright (c) 2003-2005 by Erica Andrews (PhrozenSmoke ['at'] yahoo.com). All rights reserved. See the license file for a copy of the W3C license this software is distributed under. Gifsicle and Ungifsicle are copyright by Eddie Kohler (firstname.lastname@example.org). Any use, modificiation, or redistribution of gAnim8 or it components not in accordance with the license is strictly prohibited.|
Last Update: April 29, 2005